Ongoing ground beef investigationHere’s a short timeline of events:
- On March 28, Kentucky and Georgia government officials alerted the CDC of the outbreak.
- The next day Kentucky state officials issued a warning on their website.
- Eight days later, the CDC announced their inquiry into the E. coli illnesses.
- This led to the April 23 and 24 recalls of 166,624 pounds of raw ground beef products by Grant Park Packing in Franklin Park, IL, and K2D Foods, doing business as Colorado Premium Foods, in Carrollton, GA.
- The first lawsuit was filed April 25. The plaintiff's lawyer alleges, "Although there was a massive recall issued, there are still many more unanswered questions than answered questions."